Kenneth & Kevin chat to Ben Janecke about his Polarbear scaffold for generating 12 Factor applications using node. The scaffold provides users with a React frontend (with server rendering to boot!) and an Express API. We spend a decent amount of time chatting about our different understandings of the 12 Factor principles and how we've used it over the years since being exposed to it by Heroku, and how it influences our design decisions today still.
Polarbear has a home on GitHub at https://github.com/polarbearjs/polarbear and Ben is accepting issues/contributions/feedback!
Follow Ben on the vast interwebs:
Here are the resources from the show:
- Polarbear - https://github.com/polarbearjs/polarbear
- 12 Factor manifesto - http://12factor.net
- Heroku - http://heroku.com
- Node.js - https://nodejs.org
- Express - http://expressjs.com
- React - https://facebook.github.io/react/
- Jenkins - https://jenkins-ci.org
- node-foreman - https://github.com/strongloop/node-foreman
- Ansible - https://www.ansible.com
- PostgreSQL - http://www.postgresql.org
- Docker - https://www.docker.com
- Vagrant - https://www.vagrantup.com
- hapi.js - http://hapijs.com
- Universal React Boilerplate - https://github.com/cloverfield-tools/universal-react-boilerplate
Thanks for listening!
See all past picks on our picks page.