Join us as we explore Clojure, the robust, practical and fast programming language.
Kenneth, Kevin & Len talk to Robert Stuttaford (@RobStuttaford), co-founder and CTO of Cognician, about the Clojure programming language and his experience using it for the last few years. We discuss the language itself as well as some tools. We sing the praises of Rich Hickey, even if it just for his great talks, and stroll around the ecosystem including the obligatory stop at Datomic.
Robert really did a great job of guiding us through the landscape and we're very excited about Clojure after this call. We'll definitely have Robert back in the future to cover Datomic and other parts of Clojure we didn't cover.
Quick aside, the conversation was very organic and we skipped the formal introductions, and we had a few small technical snags with the recording, but the content is still great and we hope you enjoy listening as much as we did recording.
Follow Robert and Cognician on the web:
Here are some resources mentioned in the show:
- emacs - https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/
- Spacemacs - https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs
- Clojure Programming (O'Reilly) - http://www.clojurebook.com
- Robert's emacs.d - https://github.com/robert-stuttaford/.emacs.d
- Simple Made Easy by Rich Hickey - http://www.infoq.com/presentations/Simple-Made-Easy
- Rich Hickey's Greatest Hits - https://changelog.com/rich-hickeys-greatest-hits/
- Lisp - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisp_(programming_language)
- DotLisp - http://dotlisp.sourceforge.net/dotlisp.htm
- Clojurescript - https://github.com/clojure/clojurescript
- edn (extensible data notation) - https://github.com/edn-format/edn
- schema - https://github.com/plumatic/schema
- Homoiconicity - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homoiconicity
- algo.monads - https://github.com/clojure/algo.monads
- Logic programming with core.logic - https://github.com/clojure/core.logic
- Excel-REPL - https://github.com/whamtet/Excel-REPL
- Arcadia, Clojure integration with Unity 3D - https://github.com/arcadia-unity/Arcadia
- ClojureScript + React Native - http://cljsrn.org
- Planck ClojureScript REPL - http://planck-repl.org
- Clojure for the Brave and True - http://www.braveclojure.com
- clojurians on Slack - http://clojurians.net
- #clojure on Freenode
- Clojure Google Group - http://groups.google.com/group/clojure
- ClojureBridge - http://www.clojurebridge.org
- Clojure Cup - http://www.clojurecup.com
- Nikita Prokopov - https://github.com/tonsky
- Datomic - http://www.datomic.com
Thanks for listening!
See all past picks on our picks page.