Join us for a tale of conquering software development as we follow one young star on his journey to taming React.
Tonight Kenneth, Kevin & Len are joined by Taariq Isaacs to talk about his journey as a software developer and how he tamed React. Taariq started off his journey at CPUT in their Mechatronics course, a branch of electrical engineering. Not satisfied he started teaching himself through Code Academy and quickly started at codeX where he discovered the joys of programming. One of the early game changers for Taariq was breaking out of the theoretical realm and getting his hands dirty. This was the turning point at codeX.
The journey is great, and far from over for Taariq! He has big dreams of running his own development shop one day, and he definitely has the ambition to pull it off!
We hope you enjoy this show as much as we did recording it.
Follow Taariq online at:
Here are some resources mentioned during the show:
- Mechatronics Course at CPUT - https://www.cput.ac.za/academic/faculties/engineering/prospectus/course?i=280
- codeX - http://www.projectcodex.co/
- Uber5 - http://about.uber5.com/
- Code Retreat - http://coderetreat.org/
- CTFED React + Flux meetup - http://www.meetup.com/ctfeds/events/229042425/
- React - https://facebook.github.io/react/
- Flux - https://facebook.github.io/flux/
- Redux -http://redux.js.org/
- redux-devtools - https://github.com/gaearon/redux-devtools
- GraphQL - http://graphql.org/
- Relay - http://facebook.github.io/relay/
- Immutable.js - https://facebook.github.io/immutable-js/
- 179 JSJ redux & react with Dan Abramov - https://devchat.tv/js-jabber/179-jsj-redux-and-react-with-dan-abramov
- Shoshin - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin
- What is a beginners mind? - http://www.dhyanapeetam.org/article/what-beginner-mind
Thanks for listening!
See all past picks on our picks page.